Item ref: 2972
Private collection, USA
Barrel and locks signed with the makers' name, the mounts also bear the maker’s mark of John King and London silver hallmarks for 1775.
The partnership of Benjamin Griffin and John Tow started in 1771. The firm was at 10, New Bond Street, London from 1772 – 82. The mount maker John King is listed in the census of April 22nd, 1775, as living at 73, Little Britain, London.